Bitcoin transactions aren't actually instant, despite what people say. There are few things to consider when waiting for your funds to appear in your wallet.
- Our machines create batches of transactions and send out many at once.
- These batches can be anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes in length, and occur before a transaction is sent to the blockchain. Please wait up to 15 minutes for your transaction to be published to the blockchain. If you do not know what a blockchain is please see our article here: What is a Blockchain?
- The blockchain may still be confirming your transaction.
- The blockchain can take anywhere from 1 minute to a few hours to confirm your transaction, and even longer to accumulate sufficient confirmations. This processing time depends on the volume of transactions on the Bitcoin network, the more transactions, the slower the confirmations. This is especially true during large price changes of a cryptocurrency. If there is a significant change in the price of the crypto in question, transaction processing delays are to be expected. If you do not know how to see your transaction on a blockchain viewer, please see our other article here: How To View Your Transaction On The Blockchain.
- Your transaction does not have enough confirmations.
- Even though your transaction has been confirmed, many wallet providers require 3+ confirmations on the blockchain before your funds are made available for you to use. Once your transaction has been posted to the blockchain, just wait for the network to gather additional confirmations for your transaction and you should be good to go!
- The person you are sending to said your funds have not been received.
- If this is the case, please check out our Fraud Prevention Tips article as this is a tell tale sign of a fraud / scam. As a golden rule, it is highly recommended not to send Bitcoin to any individual that you have not physically met in person. Following this rule can prevent over 95% of common scams and prevent you from being a victim of fraud.
In the cases where your transaction has been completed successfully, has been posted to the blockchain, and still does not show up in your wallet, you must contact your wallet provider as Localcoin no longer has custody of your funds.
However, if your transaction has not been posted to the blockchain and it has been longer than 3 hours, please contact us at either our support line at +1(877) 412-2646 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you do not know what a blockchain is please see our article here: What is a Blockchain?
If you do not know how to see your transaction on a blockchain viewer, please see our other article here: How To View Your Transaction On The Blockchain.
Article is closed for comments.